Vigilant Canine Services International
Available Positions: 1
|Job Title:||Canine Explosive Detection Dog Handler|
Summary: Incumbent will be stationed on Kandahar Air Field, Afghanistan supporting the International Security Assistance Force and NATO. NATO requires that all handlers be a citizen of any of the commonwealth (NATO) countries.
- Individuals will be required to provide multiple security oriented tasks to include unarmed patrol/explosive detection canine handler services in support of military forces and civilian concerns within Afghanistan.
- Individual tasks will include unarmed patrols, entry control points, traffic control points, crowd control, cordon and searches, raids, and other pertinent tasks as determined by the project.
- Individual will remain on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week working in a potentially hostile environment anywhere throughout Afghanistan.
- Shifts and downtime activities will be controlled by project leadership.
Applicants will be evaluated using the following criteria.
- Possess a third party certificate of completion (i.e. prior military training or a municipal government-sponsored course) from a working dog handler course.
- Must be third party trained and certified as an explosives detector handler prior to arriving in Afghanistan. Must provide proof of training
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a handler with a minimum of 1-year experience as an explosives detector handler.
- Prior deployments to Iraq or Afghanistan desired
- Experience supporting military operations desired
Respond To: Elizabeth Benecke, Dir, Human Resources, Email, 530-526-4235.